The purpose of this conceptual planning study is to utilize available information and data to develop, analyze, and provide imagery of appropriate alternative strategies that would improve safety, congestion, and connectivity for all modes of transportation within the study area. This includes an evaluation of alternatives that address:
- Connectivity between Old South Road and areas north and south of the study area;
- Left turn movements onto Old South Road from ancillary roadways;
- Transit amenities, such as pull offs and shelters;
- Safety of bike and pedestrian crossings;
- Bike and Pedestrian connectivity between properties on the south side of Old South Road.
The evaluation of alternatives will inform the prioritization of recommendations based on criteria for mobility, safety, and sustainability, which will include factors that consider environmental impact, property impact, and cost. The evaluation and prioritization, supplemented with conceptual plans and imagery of recommendations, will assist the Town of Nantucket in making informed decisions for short and long term transportation investments.
Questions & Comments, please email Transportation Planner, Mike Burns or call at 508-228-7238.