- Projects & Developments
- Municipal Facilities
- Nobadeer Field House
Nobadeer Field House
In 2009, the Town and the Land Bank entered into an arrangement for the use of Land Bank-owned property off Nobadeer Farm Road for the development of playing fields. The fields were to be constructed and managed by the Town. Subsequent to playing fields construction, the need for a field house was identified. Community Preservation funds for the fields and field house have been appropriated/expended as follows:
- 2008 Annual Town Meeting/Article 26: $500,000 for the creation of youth playing fields. $500,000 expended in FY11/12.
- 2010 Annual Town Meeting/Article 26: $300,000 for the construction of additional youth playing fields. $299,563.05 expended in FY 2015.
- 2011 Annual Town Meeting/Article 28: $300,068 for construction of the entry way into Nobadeer Farm Road Fields. $299,548.66 expended in FY 2015.
- 2012 Annual Town Meeting/Article 32: $1,100,000 for the purchase, site prep, and installation of a turf playing field. $1,087,318.75 expended in FY 2016.
- 2012 Annual Town Meeting/Article 31: $385,000 for the design and construction of a field house. $229,278.23 expended for design plans. $155,721.77 remains as of FY 2022.
- 2016 Annual Town Meeting/Article 10: $700,000 appropriated from the Town’s Sale of Real Estate Account for construction of a field house. $507,305 remains as of FY 2022.
A capital project request of $1,000,000 for the construction of a field house was put forward for the 2021 Annual Town Meeting. The amount of the request was based on estimates from the Owner’s Project Manager and the project architect and, taking into consideration the available funds. The $1,000,00 funding request was also contingent upon a debt exclusion at the 2021 Annual Town Election. Prior to the Town Meeting, a bid was issued for the project. The bids were received on May 14, 2021 as follows:
Maron Construction, Inc.
APC Development Group
As all bids exceeded the proposed appropriation, the Select Board and Finance Committee supported an amended motion in the amount of $2,000,000 which was approved at the Town Meeting. The debt exclusion was also subsequently approved. At the Select Board meeting on July 21, 2021, a contract with Maron Construction was approved. As of early August 2021, the development of a construction plan is beginning, including commencement and completion dates for construction. Please revisit this web page for updates.