Town of Nantucket Emergency Orders
EMERGENCY ORDER N. 1: Temporary Moratorium on all construction projects on Nantucket
Summary: Effective Friday, March 20, 2020 this Order suspends all regular activity at construction sites and landscaping on Nantucket, including but not limited-to all work authorized by building permits and street opening permits. This order was amended on April 1, 2020 to extend the moratorium to Monday, May 4, 2020 and subsequently amended on April 2, 2020 to extend the moratorium to include construction and landscaping sites include only one person. All construction and landscaping is suspended until Monday, May 4, 2020.
- Emergency Order N. 1 - Temporary Moratorium on All Construction Projects (PDF)
- Emergency Order N. 1 - Supplemental Order - Modified) (PDF)
EMERGENCY ORDER N. 2: Regarding Personal Care Services and Retail Stores
Summary: This Order extends the moratorium to personal care services and retails stores until Monday, May 4, 2020.
EMERGENCY ORDER No. 3: Stay at Home Order
Summary: Effective Monday, March 23, 2020 this Order, as amended on March 30, 2020) requires all persons residing on Nantucket to stay in their places of residence except for to provide or receive essential services. All other non-essential gatherings are prohibited. This order is in effect until May 4, 2020.
- Emergency Order N.3 – Stay at Home Supplemental (3/30/20) (PDF)
- Emergency Order N.3 - Stay at Home (aka Shelter in Place Order) (PDF)
Other Useful Information
- JOINT PETITION TO GOVERNOR BAKER FROM NANTUCKET AND MARTHAS VINEYARD (PDF)
- Nantucket Memorial Airport Press Release - March 16, 2020 (PDF)
- Special Legislation Request to Postpone Nantucket’s Annual Town Meeting (PDF)
- Town Manager memo, re: Committee Meetings Temporary Suspension - March 12, 2020 (PDF)
- Town Manager memo, re: Covid-19 - March 11, 2020 (PDF)
- Town Manager memo, re: Event Continuity of Operations (COOP) - March 11, 2020 (PDF)
- Planning Response to Nantucket Builders Association, March 18, 2020 (PDF)