Covid-19 Day to Day Timeline
- ICMa published an article on Nantucket’s Economy Recovery Efforts.
- The Town of Nantucket issued Press Release No. 16 regarding 4th of July events cancelation.
- Town of Nantucket Board of Health issued an Emergency Order regarding Mandatory Face Covering.
- The health Department published a document with Covid-19 Reopening Benchmarks.
- Massachusetts Governor made public Phase II plans for re-opening Massachusetts.
- The Town of Nantucket published the 2020 Beach Guidance (PDF).
- The Town of Nantucket issued Press Release No. 14 - Nantucket Cottage Hospital and Town of Nantucket Covid-19 Testing Partnership.
- Governor Baker announces Phase II re-opening guidance.
- Town Administration published a Back to Business toolkit.
- Select Board issues Emergency Order No. 10 to clarify Board of Health actions on 5/21/20.
- At the Select Board meeting, Sewer Director David Gray makes public a document regarding testing for Covid-19 at the Surfside Wastewater Treatment Facility.
- Board of Health votes to rescind Emergency Orders Nos. 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9.
- Governor Baker announces the State Reopening Plan and published a State Reopening Guide.
- Board of Health Emergency Orders No. 8 and 9 are issued regarding Back to work Phase II for Landscaping and Construction.
- Board of Health issues Emergency Order No. 8 – Construction Guidelines Update and Emergency Order No. 9 – Landscaping Guidelines Update.
- Baker-Polito Administration orders use of mask or face covering in public, announces increased Community Health Center COVID-19 Testing Capacity.
- The Town of Nantucket, Nantucket Cottage Hospital and Chamber of commerce issue a clarification to their April 27 letter.
- Nantucket Cottage Hospital announces testing expanded criteria.
- Nantucket Cottage Hospital President & CEO Gary Shaw reads a letter to the Select Board.
- Baker-Polito Administration extends non-essential business closures to May 18th, announces reopening Advisory Board.
- The Town of Nantucket, Nantucket Cottage Hospital and Chamber of commerce issue a joint letter to seasonal residents.
- Select Board Chair Dawn Hill Holdgate attends the Pat Demaris Show to talk about Covid-19 and Nantucket.
- The Nantucket Select Board answers to the public comments people asked at the April 22, 2020 Select Board meeting.
- The Nantucket Memorial Airport makes an announcement regarding the Proposed Air Traffic Control Operational Reductions.
- The Nantucket Cottage Hospital makes an announcement regarding Boston Pops 2020.
- Baker-Polito Administration announces extension of school and non-emergency Child Care Program closures, continued steps to support COVID-19 response.
- The Nantucket Board of Health voted affirmative on Emergency Orders No. 5, 6 and 7.
- Steamship Authority published a letter: Steamship Authority seeks urgent financial relief from state.
- Wannacomet Water Company announces changes to bill payments.
- Health Director Roberto Santamaria explained to the Select Board the Food Establishment Outline- Phased Return of Operations DRAFT (PDF).
- Nantucket Cottage Hospital Gary Shaw writes a letter to the Nantucket community.
- The Nantucket Select Board answers to the public comments people asked at the April 8, 2020 Select Board meeting.
- The Town of Nantucket Finance Department issued an announcement regarding Real and Personal Property Tax Deadline Extension to June 30, 2020.
- Nantucket Cottage Hospital issues a Coronavirus Testing Advisory.
- The Nantucket Memorial Airport issued a press release regarding March Traffic Activity.
- Thee Town issued a set of Q&A regarding Board of Health vs State Authority.
- The Town of Nantucket issued Board of Health Supplemental Amendment to Emergency Order N. 1.
- The Town of Nantucket issued Press Release N. 12 - Town & County offices will be closed until May 4, 2020.
- Nantucket Cottage Hospital issued an Update on Covid-19 cases on island.
- The Nantucket Select Board answers to the public comments people asked at the April 1, 2020 Select Board meeting.
- The Nantucket Cottage Hospital issued a press release on National Guard presence at the hospital.
- The Executive Board of the 75,000 member Massachusetts Building Trades Council voted unanimously to call on Massachusetts Governor Charles Baker to declare a statewide suspension of all regular activity at construction sites in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts beginning Friday April 3rd and continuing through April 30th.
- Baker-Polito Administration extends non-essential business closures and executive branch employee guidance - Administration updates non-essential business categories.
- After a Board of Health meeting, the Town issued Press Release N. 11 - Emergency Order N.3 – Stay at Home Supplemental (3/30/20) (PDF).
- Select Board Chair Dawn Hill Holdgate, Town Manager Libby Gibson, Chief of Police William Pittman and Town Counsel have a conference call with representatives of the 6 towns in Martha’s Vineyards and Governor’s staff to discuss the Join Petition letter.
- The Nantucket Cottage Hospital confirms a 6th positive case of Covid-19.
- Commonwealth Magazine publishes a day-to-day timeline of the actions taken by Governor Baker.
- The Town of Nantucket issues a letter in response to people questioning the Construction and Landscaping Ban in place.
- Nantucket Cottage Hospital issues a letter confirming two new cases of positive Covid-19 on Nantucket. The total confirmed cases of Coronavirus on Nantucket is now five.
- The Nantucket Select Board answers to the public comments people asked at the March 25, 2020 Select Board meeting.
- Mass Governor announced Extension of School and Non-Emergency Child Care Program Closures and Steps to Ensure Housing Stability To Support COVID-19 Response.
- The Nantucket Select Board signed a letter, also signed by the 6 towns on Martha’s Vineyard, requesting the Governor to exempt the Islands from the application of his March 23, 2020 Order designating construction and landscaping services as essential businesses.
- Nantucket Cottage Hospital confirmed a second and third positive cases.
- Public Health Director Roberto Santamaria issued a recommendation that any resident who has traveled domestically or internationally (including year round residents) stay at home on a voluntary 14-day quarantine.
- Mass Governor Baker orders all non-essential businesses to cease in person operation, directs the Department of Public Health to issue Stay at Home Advisory for two weeks.
- The Nantucket Select Board and the Nantucket Health & Human Services Director with endorsement by the Board of Health have voted to issue a Stay at Home Order (aka “Shelter in Place Order”) effective Monday, March 23, 2020 at 5:00 PM through Monday, April 6, 2020. Read Press Release here.
- Nantucket Cottage Hospital confirms first case of Coronavirus (Covid-19) on island.
- Mass Governor Baker asked residents with 2nd homes on Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard to Stay on Mainland.
- The Town of Nantucket issued a Covid-19 related Press Release - Explaining the Difference Between "Shelter in Place" vs. "Lockdown".
- The Nantucket Cottage Hospital and Martha’s Vineyard Hospital sent a Joint Letter to Steamship Authority.
- The Town of Nantucket issued an Emergency Order N. 2, March 19, 2020 - Re. Personal Care Serv. & Retail Stores.
- MEMA Covid-19 Response Command Center Situation Update (PDF)
- The Nantucket Cottage Hospital issued a statement in support of Town of Nantucket’s Declaration of a State of Emergency and Construction Moratorium.
- The Nantucket Select Board held an Emergency Meeting (virtual conference). Its members vote to implement a temporary moratorium on all construction projects on island.
- The Town of Nantucket issued a State of Emergency Declaration.
- The Town of Nantucket issued a press release on the Covid-19 crisis and limiting Nantucket ferry services.
- The Town of Nantucket Coronavirus Response Team issued a Press Release.
- Public Health Director Roberto Santamaria gave an update on the status of Covid-19 at the Nantucket Pulse show.
- Baker-Polito Administration announces changes to expedite Health Care Licensing, Increase Support For Local Boards of Health and Small Businesses.
- The Town of Nantucket Coronavirus Response Team met with local newspaper Inquirer & Mirror.
- Baker-Polito Administration Announces Emergency Actions to Address COVID-19.
- The Town of Nantucket Coronavirus Response Team issued a new set of FAQs.
- Nantucket Cottage Hospital opened a drivethrough evaluation site at the main entrance of the new hospital forpatients who are experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness.
- The Annual Town Meeting on Saturday, April 4, 2020 is being postponed to Saturday, Mary 2, 2020.
- Nantucket Public Schools will closed for the next two weeks.
- Our Island Home restricts all visitation except for certain compassionate care situations, such as end of life situations.
- All Town boards, commissions and committees meetings are being canceled until further notice.
- The Town of Nantucket Coronavirus Response Team attended a virtual conference with state and Mass Municipal Association representatives.
- Mass Governor issues order limiting large gathering of 250 people or more in the Commonwealth.
- Public Health Director Roberto Santamaria gave an end of the week update at Nantucket Pulse.
- The Town of Nantucket Coronavirus Response Team includes the Nantucket Cottage Hospital and Nantucket Public Schools representatives to daily meetings.
- All advisory boards and committees meetings have been postponed until further noticed.
- Massachusetts issues Guidelines to Assisted Living Facilities, Community-Based Providers and Other Caregivers to reduce risk of Coronavirus.
- Baker-Polito Administration announces Emergency Order Modifying the State’s Open Meeting Law
- The Town of Nantucket Coronavirus Response Team starts meeting.