2020 Census Complete Count Committee
Census Bureau research shows that a key motivator of a person’s response is knowing how many government dollars the Census guides to one’s own community. Focus groups suggest that encouraging response from trusted voices in the community may increase participation among people with the greatest distrust in government. The Committee will be focusing on ways to heighten such awareness across Nantucket’s geographic neighborhoods. The strategic goals are meaningful outreach and engagement of specific communities of year-round residents. The building and strengthening of social networks will provide an effective means of engaging Nantucket’s various country-of-origin communities to strengthen perceptions of tangible benefits to each community.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Andrew Vorce (Town of Nantucket Director of Planning)
- Peter Morrison (Co-President, Nantucket Civic League)
- Nancy Holmes (Town Clerk)
- Thomas Dixon (Legislative Liaison – Nantucket)
- Kelly Cooney (Director of ELL Services, Nantucket Public Schools)
- Kristie Ferrantella (Vice President, Chamber of Commerce)
- Rachel Day (Director of Human Services, Town of Nantucket)
- Margaretta Andrews (Executive Director, Community Foundation for Nantucket)
- Vatsady Sivongxay (Massachusetts Immigrant & Refugee Advocacy Coalition) – to be confirmed