2020 Census Complete Count Committee
Census Bureau research shows that a key motivator of a person’s response is knowing how many government dollars the Census guides to one’s own community. Focus groups suggest that encouraging response from trusted voices in the community may increase participation among people with the greatest distrust in government. The Committee will be focusing on ways to heighten such awareness across Nantucket’s geographic neighborhoods. The strategic goals are meaningful outreach and engagement of specific communities of year-round residents. The building and strengthening of social networks will provide an effective means of engaging Nantucket’s various country-of-origin communities to strengthen perceptions of tangible benefits to each community.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Andrew Vorce (Town of Nantucket Director of Planning)
- Peter Morrison (Co-President, Nantucket Civic League)
- Nancy Holmes (Town Clerk)
- Thomas Dixon (Legislative Liaison – Nantucket)
- Kelly Cooney (Director of ELL Services, Nantucket Public Schools)
- Kristie Ferrantella (Vice President, Chamber of Commerce)
- Rachel Day (Assistant Town Manager for Administration, Town of Nantucket)
- Margaretta Andrews (Executive Director, Community Foundation for Nantucket)
- Vatsady Sivongxay (Massachusetts Immigrant & Refugee Advocacy Coalition)
- Joel Rivera (Massachusetts Immigrant & Refugee Advocacy Coalition)
- 2020 US Census Information
- Address Canvassing Operations Factsheet
- Census 2020 Overview – Nantucket Counts!
- Census 2020 at a Glance
- Census 2020 Frequently Asked Questions
- Census Questionnaire Assistance Centers on Nantucket (PDF)
- How the Census 2020 Will Invite Everyone to Respond
- MIRA Census Letter
- Town Census Insert (PDF)
- US Census Bureau website
- Verify Census Workers in Your Area
- Why the Count Counts - MassBudget
- Article : “This chart shows how badly the census could still undercut people of color”
This page was last updated on February 24, 2020.