The Town Manager has 15 main duties as outlined in the Charter for the Town of Nantucket, which range from supervision of town departments to preparation of the annual budget and warrants for town meeting(s) to implementation of policy as set forth by the Select Board.
All departments, except for the school, airport, and water departments, are within the purview of the town administration.
- Administering policies and procedures
- Preparing meeting agendas and minutes
- Preparing the town budget
- Preparing town meeting warrants
- Preparing Annual Reports
- Preparing departmental accounts payable and receivable